As a result of the current public health crisis and temporary closings of public & private schools in Clark County, the 2020 UNLV STEM Summer Camp below will be cancelled this summer. Please check back with us for plans to resume the program in Summer 2021, possibly with virtual modifications and limited in-person classes. Please email Dr. Asera with any further questions or comments.
June 22 – July 10, 2020 | UNLV Main Campus
Monday – Friday | 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Add to Google Calendar
Last Updated: May 5, 2020
Link to 2018 Google Picture Album – Dr. Asera’s Pictures
Director: Dr. Daniel Asera
Email: Daniel.Asera@unlv.edu | firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us on Facebook
The 2020 UNLV STEM Summer Camp is a 3-week summer program for high-achieving middle & high school students who are interested in attending college to pursue a major in a STEM discipline. This program, sponsored by the Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering at UNLV, is intended to foster a learning experience in various STEM disciplines, to increase college retention and graduation in the longer term, and to enhance a spirit of student success for prospective UNLV students.
The daily schedule will include an opening session with a guest speaker, followed by 3 45-minute classes in the morning and 3 45-minute classes in the afternoon and lunch will be provided in the UNLV Dining Commons. We are still reviewing proposals from UNLV faculty for classes, which may include College Preparation, Math History & Modeling, Computer Programming & Coding, Solid Mechanics, Solar Energy Systems, Robotics and AI, AutoCad, and Engineering Design. Final selection of classes should be completed shortly.
- UNLV alumni & NSHE employees are eligible for a 25% discount when paying for their children. Students must already be registered online and Parents/Guardians may use the Discounted Payment Form below.
- Parents/Guardians registering two or more siblings are eligible for a 25% discount when paying for their children. Students must already be registered online and Parents/Guardians may use the Discounted Payment Form below.
- Applicants must be entering Middle School or High School in the Fall 2020 semester to register this summer.
- Applicants who are expecting to graduate from High School at the end of Spring or Summer 2020 semester and entering college in Fall 2020 semester as a Freshman college student may also apply to this program.
- Applicants who plan to request Financial Aid (a scholarship or grant offered by this program) OR applicants who are currently enrolled in an approved High School GEAR-UP Program are required to register for the summer program on the Registration Link below.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in the CCSD No Limits Project in Middle School will be separately enrolled by their Principals and do NOT need to register on the Registration Link below.
- Applicants NOT currently enrolled in GEAR-UP and the CCSD No Limits Project and who apply for Financial Aid should plan to make payment arrangements by the June 1, 2020 deadline in the event your Financial Aid Request is not granted.
- The CCSD No Limits Project will pay the full Registration Fee for all of its students selected for this program and will provide bus transportation to and from their current Middle School and UNLV.
- Students not a part of the CCSD No Limits Project may request an RTC bus pass in advance and a bus pass will be provided on the first day of the program. Please contact the Director for details.
- Students driving to UNLV may find parking information at: https://www.unlv.edu/parking. Parents, guardians, family members or others who pick-up students at UNLV may be required to provide written authorization to do so and to sign-in with ID when they pick-up students.
- Course materials and lunch will be provided to ALL students who are accepted into the program.
Available scholarships & grants are listed below. Additional sources will be added as they become available. Unless indicated otherwise, all scholarships & grants are 100% of tuition. Important: Students should still register on the Registration Link below to ensure a spot in the program this summer, even if you are waiting to apply for a scholarship or grant.
2020 Financial Aid Request Form
This form should be completed by all students applying for financial aid
(except current GEAR-UP & CCSD No Limits Project students).
Applications due May 15, 2020 and selections announced by June 1, 2020
2020 General Brochure
2020 Registration Link
For ALL Students except CCSD No Limits Project Students
2020 Medical Release Form
Full Payment Link | Discounted Payment Form | Full Payment Form
All Registration Fees are due by Monday, June 1, 2020
Nevada State Gear Up Scholarships – Designated High Schools Only
UNLV CAEO Gear Up Scholarships – Designated Middle & High Schools
UNLV Student Affairs Scholarships
Submit 2020 Financial Aid Request Form above
Various STEM Scholarships – U.S. Dept. of Labor
Public STEM Grants – U.S. Dept. of Labor
Nevada STEM Scholarships
CareerOneStop Scholarships – High School
For Instructors Only